Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cheap Knock Off

I have a thing for vases and candles and bowls. Anything glass and pretty catches my eye. I could LIVE in Crate and Barrel, but I cannot live with their prices.

A while back, like a year or more ago, on a blog called Get Your Martha On (what a fabulous name!) I saw a cool, cheap project that even the most craft impaired person can do. And just look what I made:





Cute, right? And so easy. I bought the pieces at the Dollar Tree (please ignore the spilled tea leaves on the counter.)





I got rid of the sticker that were on the bottom of the vase. Then I Krazy Glued them together, making sure the candlestick was in the middle of the bottom of the vase (and even still I think mine's a smidge off.) Then I set a weight on it while it dried, just for good measure.



Then I made dinner while it dried. This is what it looks like empty:

And one more time, the finished product:

For a grand total of $2.16. (I had the Krazy Glue already, as well as the decor inside.)

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not nutty enough to think this is as beautiful and what you might find at Crate and Barrel, but it is nice and for $2, I'm good with nice. I like it. I will put Easter Eggs in it in the Spring, maybe lemons in the Summer, mini pumpkins and acorns in the Autumn. The possibilities are many and my wallet is happy. Go me!

1 comment:

  1. I LIKE it!! I'm gonna give it a try! Thank you for sharing!
    Miss E

    ReplyDelete