Thursday, December 30, 2010

Today...

...I am 37 years old. I'm getting grayer, getting a few laugh lines. With one foot now firmly in my late 30's (I have told many friends that you are not all the way in your late 30's until 38) I have to look around and say:

I kind of don't care.

I guess I always thought that at some point I would begin to feel older, feel grown-up, feel, I don't know, the weight of adulthood.

I don't.

I mean, yes there are bills to pay and kids to care for and a home to maintain and careers and jobs to do, and that stuff can be stressful, but life is good. My life is what I wanted. I have an amazing husband, 4 healthy, wonderful children, helpful, loving parents, a nice home, fabulous friends, a fun extended family, food on the table, a few nice extras and my health. Not too shabby.

Happy Birthday to me. The past 36 years have brought me to a good spot. I expect nothing less from my 37th. Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. You are right. You *do* have Fabulous Friends!!

    Happy Belated Birthday from one of them :)

    ReplyDelete