Sunday, October 28, 2012

Home made pore strips

I love Biore pore strips. I love slapping them on my nose and then peeling them off and examining my face in the mirror. There was even a time when Husband and I would sit with strips on our noses and then compare what was stripped out of our pores.

See, single friends? This is what married life is. So glam.

But those strips are PRICEY. And I'm....thrifty. So when I found this little recipe for homemade pore strips, I knew I was going to try it.

What you need:

microwavable bowl

a clean Popsicle stick or something with which to apply the goop (I used the handle end of a plastic knife)

1 tbsp clear gelatin. (I guess you could use green or something, but unless you want to look like a distant, weaker relative of The Hulk, I wouldn't recommend it.)

11/2-2 tbsp milk

Mix the milk and the gelatin together in your bowl.

Throw it in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds (15 was a smidge too hot for me)

Apply the goop directly onto your face, wherever you want to strip your pores.

Wait.

I'd say after 15 minutes you are set, but basically when it feels like your face is frozen like a pond in a cold snap and will crack if you move it, you're good to go.

Peel it off. (Yes it can pull a little, sort of like a band-aid.)

Admire the results.

That's it!

I will say that I don't know if it was quite as good as Biore's version, but it was quite effective and a lot cheaper. Let me know if you try it!

6 comments: