Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Little Helper

When all the kids were sick, and Husband was preparing to leave for his business trip, my stomach began to churn. Curly was worried.

"Who will take care of us if you get sick?"

"I don't think I will be too sick to take care of you. I'll manage."

"But what if you have the barfs?"

"I'm sure it will be okay."

With uncertainty written all over her face, it was my Peanut who was prepared to help.

"Mommy, I will hold the bowl for you if you get the barfs. I will hold the bowl so you can go 'blah' into the bowl and not on the carpet. I will help you."

While my stomach was flip-flopping, my heart was saying "awwww". Such a sweet, sweet gesture from such a tiny little girl.

I felt very cared for, even though I didn't have to take her up on her offer.

2 comments: