Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Just Do It

Because Potty Training is NOT a spectator sport.

I've tried to let it be. It worked with Peanut. Without any real effort on my part, she learned to use the toilet. One day she announced she was going to go use the restroom. She peed in the toilet and that was pretty much it. She was done with diapers and barely needed pull-ups. It took no time at all and was no work for me whatsoever.

BabyGirl? Yeah, no, she's not going to make it easy.

Mommy: Let's go potty!

BabyGirl: No. No go potty.

She's not even being sassy. She's just stating a fact. Nope, I'm not going potty. She's really quite sweet about it.

I guess it's time to get serious, but really, I don't wanna. I've potty trained MORE than my fair share of kids between teaching 2 year olds for years, being a nanny, a mom and a babysitter. I just want a magic wand.

Except then maybe she's not a baby anymore. That's no good either.

And therein lies the problem, of course. I don't want to change her diapers anymore, but I also don't want her to be big. And potty trained equals big.

Of course, potty trained also equals preschool. I love preschool.

Hmmmmmm.

I guess I'll do it, but you can't make me like it.

Well, OK, I'll like the results but you can't make me love it.

And least she's still MY baby, even if she's not A baby, right?

1 comment: