Saturday, October 8, 2011

Easy Dinner

Today was a lazy Saturday. I slept in, did the bare minimum in housework, played with the kids and before I knew it, it was dinner time.

Husband had locked himself upstairs in our room to watch baseball (Go Rangers!) so dinner was just for the kids and myself. And I wasn't hungry.

Fact #1- I'm not cooking a full on meal for four short people who probably won't like or appreciate most if it anyway.

Fact #2- It was late and I'd totally lapsed in the dinner prep department.

Fact #3- I'll do anything to avoid cooking.

So I went with a standby that my kids adore. I heated up some soup, then threw this in the middle of the table:




Then I just let them pick at it like a buffet of finger foods. They think it's super cool and it adds up to almost no cooking (except the soup) and very few dishes. Super easy, super healthy, super fun. Everybody wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment