Saturday, October 22, 2011

Gold

This morning I caught Peanut with a sheen on her lips that can only come from one place.

"Peanut," I said sternly, "have you been in my lipstick?"

"No," she said, but she looked guilty. Plus there was a gold over gloss on her lips.

"I think you have." I responded.

"No, I haven't."

"You have very shiny lips. It looks like lipstick."

"NO! That's just from licking my lips!"

"I don't think so. It's lipstick. I can tell."

"NO! IT'S NOT! IT'S FROM LICKING MY LIPS!" Hysteria is winning, because she knows she is sunk.

"Well, unless your spit is gold, you are lying to me and that is lipstick."

"NO!" She crosses her arms defiantly and scowls. "My spit IS gold, Mama. You're wrong."

After I stopped laughing I put her in the corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment