Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Time for Rapunzel Mode

It is nearly time to lock Curly in the tower.

I was informed by my beautiful 6 year old that she is playing a game with boys at recess where they all try to catch and kiss each other.

She thinks it is great fun. I think it's kind of funny. Daddy will have a small stroke.

I did tell her not to play with anyone who says they don't want to, to be respectful of boundaries and that if an adult asks them to stop they should immediately stop and not ever do it again. I was imagining those horror stories where students are expelled for such games.

But I'm not going to tell her to stop. My dramatic, pretty, pretty princess could use a good dose of tomboyish running around and mock terror screaming. And she says no one actually ever gets kissed, or even caught. Apparently there is a really big "base" on which to seek refuge.

I can't wait to hear about it when she comes home from school today. When she told me about it earlier she was giggling and her eyes were sparkling and she was super animated. Clearly she is enjoying her recess.

And I played those games too and didn't come out any the worse for wear. It's part of being a kid. And it sounds like fun to me.

Now if she actually gets kissed..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment