Sunday, January 23, 2011

Birthday

Yesterday StinkyMan was going to the birthday party of one of his best friends in the whole wide world. He was so excited he could hardly stand it. When the gift was bagged and ready I wrote "To Friend. From:" and then he wrote "StinkyMan."

When I went to grab my shoes he decided he wanted to write something extra, so on the other side of the tag, in his very best writing, he wrote "Happy Birthday."

"Mommy! I writed Happy Birthday all by myself!" He was so, so proud of himself.

"Let me see!" I said, equally excited.

And there, in the nicest penmanship a 5 year old boy can manage it said "Happy Birfday."

It was the cutest thing EVER. He wrote it like he says it and that's good enough for me. I told him I was proud. He showed his Daddy. Daddy told him he was proud. No way were we about to burst that bubble!

He is such a sweet boy. I just love that kid.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cute!! I love how proud they get when they accomplish something like that on their own. And the Spelling... lol!!! James once told me that the place where I cook food is spelled "k-i-t-j-e-n"

    ReplyDelete