Monday, November 8, 2010

Confession

I am about to tell you something so shocking that it will forever change how you see me. You will be surprised. Shocked even. You will wonder how it's possible that I feel the way I feel. But I do, and it won't be changed. Are you ready to hear it?


Are you sure?


OK, here it goes.....


I don't like Thanksgiving.

I know! I'm a freak, right?

I don't like turkey. I don't like stuffing. I don't like cranberries. I don't even like pumpkin pie.

It's not that I don't like them BECAUSE they are Thanksgiving foods. I just don't like the taste of any of the big Thanksgiving foods. And since it's kind of a food holiday, it's just not my favorite thing. I mean, I'd be more thrilled with a pizza.

Technically, of course, Thanksgiving is NOT about the food, I guess. It's about family being together and sharing thanks. I'm good with that part of it. I am thankful for a lot of things, not the least of which is family. However, I try to be thankful for that daily, not because there is a giant bird on the table and an over abundance of side dishes.

But as we head toward the holiday and plans are being made and assignments of who is bringing what are being given out, I find myself feeling just really unexcited about the whole thing and that I am starting to side with the retailers; it's just my official Christmas kick-off and a great day to get bargains at Walgreens.

Hey! There you go! I'm thankful Walgreens is open on Thanksgiving with a TON of great deals.

I'm a little more excited now.

I'm such a freak.

No comments:

Post a Comment