Tuesday, December 15, 2009

sing it!

When Curly was younger she sang wrong words to "Deck the Halls." It went something like "Deck the halls with balls of bally. Ba-la-la-laaaa-la-la-la-la."

Peanut sings the wrong words to Jingle Bells "Tinker Bells, Tinker Bells, Tinker all the way. Oh how fun...Tinker Bells, Tinker Bells, Tinker all the way. Oh how fun...Tinker Bells...." You get the idea.

And then there is StinkyMan who doesn't sing the wrong words, he can't be bothered to know them in the first place. All of his songs sound like this:

"Deck the halls with burp of burpy, fa-la-la-la-la-la burp, burp, burp, burp."

or

"Santa Claus is coming to buuuuuurp!"

or my personal favorite:

"On the 1st day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a burp burp in a burp tree!"

Friends, this is what I mean when I say boys are a whole different ball game than girls. This humor, I think, is within them. It's the very boyness of being a male shining through. While Curly is appalled and Peanut giggles, they would NOT sing that on their own. That right belongs to the solitary brother of the bunch.

I suppose someday he will out grow it. For now it's fine, because secretly it makes me laugh. It's so naughty in a completely innocent way, that I have let it slide. Some battles are just not worth fighting. This is one of them. And it's quite the Christmas memory in the making.

1 comment:

  1. Tracy,

    He will never grow out of it. Boys will be boys forever. They just get bigger. It sounds like there is a lot of your dad in him.

    It's early Christmas morning and I am just sitting here watching the "Yule Log" on TV and listening to the Christmas music waiting for the family to get out of their warm beds.

    I would like to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete