Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'm baaaaack!

I have returned from my girls' retreat. It was AWESOME! We had such a good time. We chatted and giggled, chatted and laughed, chatted and cried from laughing so hard. We did a little shopping, some gals got tattoos and there were a few piercings! I let the girls choose the color and dye my hair. That was about as wild as I got. I'm an old soul that way. We also had reflexology, a lesson in making fondant for cake decorating and we played games...Taboo is funnier when some of the participants have been drinking! There were eleven of us total and I think everyone had a wonderful weekend.

A common thread amongst us is bargain hunting. I announced my Deal of the Day to the girls that made Gap T-shirts, camis and tanks $5.50 and that I had the discount that would make them $3.85 a piece. Then one of the other girls said "Well, I have a Banana Republic Card, which would make for free shipping." One by one we took our turn at the screen, adding to the Gap order. By the time we were finished we had ordered $240 worth of Gap T-shirts! I expect 37 T-shirts to arrive at my door any day now, and I will send them on to their proper owners.

It was so nice to get away. I had such a great time and can't wait until next year to do it again. It's so nice to have such a fun group of friends. We are all so different but so much alike: all mommies, all bargain shoppers, all in need of a getaway.

Tomorrow I will tell you about my homecoming and how the family did without me and how they were upon my return. I'm sure there is a giggle or 2 in there for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment