Saturday, October 9, 2010

Holy Moly

Friday morning I called the elementary school, asking when and where the talent show list would be posted, so I could be ready to congratulate or console as needed. The lovely school admin lady told me that the panel of judges had decided not to cut anyone after all. That instead, they would have the talent show, as planned, and then also an open mic night, so everyone would get a chance to shine.

I felt so much better after that. I mean, now, no matter what, Curly and her buddy would get a chance to do their thing. And I knew, if they got the open mic night assignment, I could spin that to not seem like a consolation prize.

But, amazingly enough, no spinning was required. Their hoola hoop routine earned them a spot in the talent show! Curly is ecstatic and I am so proud. November 4th is the big day, and there is much work that needs to be done before then, but the biggest hurdle has been cleared and the rest is just fun.

YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment