Monday, October 4, 2010

Stats

I took the kids to the doctor last week. I was a smidge late with check-ups this year. Oops.

Curly, who has always topped the charts, is now roughly in the 80th percentile. I think she will be like her dad and I...she'll hit junior high and be done growing. She's tall amongst her friends for now, but I think some of them will ultimately pass her.

StinkyMan is exactly even steven, dead center of the growth chart. He has always been in the 50th percentile. I do not foresee him being my future NBA player. He was so, so brave getting his shot. He didn't cry, protest or flinch. He never even said ow. What a trooper. I was really proud.

Peanut stole the show. She is in the 40th percentile for her weight, the most she's ever been, but in the 90th percentile for her height. Tall and skinny, we may have to consider changing her nickname, as she is no longer a peanut. I think she may be my future supermodel, because her feet are HUGE and one can only hope she'll grow into them. She also, as she says "got shot" at the doctor and seems to think her last name is "Foo" because of a nickname she has here at home. Let me assure you, our last name is not "Foo" but that didn't stop her from telling the doctor that it is.

And finally, my little bulldozer, my BabyGirl. Coming in at only 4 lbs less than her slightly older sister, she is in the 75th percentile for height and weight. She was also a trooper and only cried a little after her 2nd shot. She said "Ew" in this tiny little squeak when the first one went in, but the 2nd one reduced her to tears. A lollipop was the cure for that.

They are all just getting so big. Too big for me. But, no matter what I do, they won't stop growing. And so I blog it all, to hang on to these young years, just a little longer.

1 comment:

  1. There were innumerable times that I wanted to freeze everything because it was all so darn precious. But I can't stop time so on everyone grows and its not so bad when they are big people and making good choices. You share in their joy, learn to let go when they struggle and let them find their way, and when they finally do, well there is nothing quite like that. Its ALL good Tracy....even the grown up years. Just in a different way.

    ReplyDelete