Monday, February 16, 2009

For anyone who was wondering:

These are the ingredients I used for my detergent:



The far shot:


The close-up:
I had a hard time finding the ingredients at first. After much searching I scored all 3 for well under $10 at WinCo Foods, although you can order it all online as well. All I did was grate the entire bar of soap and mix it with 1 cup of the Arm and Hammer Washing Soda and 1 and 1/4 cup of Borax. (I added an extra 1/4 cup because I have hard water.) I poured it into an airtight container for storage and use about 2 tablespoons per load.

So far I absolutely love it. And you can see it was very easy and very cheap. And it works just as well, if not better, than any detergent I've purchased. I highly recommend it. If you do decide to try it, drop me a comment. I'd love to feel influential and important. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Do you have to dissolve the powder in water before you put the clothes in? Does it clean well??
    I'd like to try making some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, no dissolving needed. It works great and my clothes are just as clean if not cleaner than with store bought detergent. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this ok for HE front-loading machines? For cloth diapers??

    ReplyDelete