Thursday, February 12, 2009

MEN!

Nope, I'm not frustrated. That's not a "MEN!" with an exasperated eye roll. That's the "MEN!" of a toddler who is in love with the theme song from "Two and a Half Men".

Have you seen the show? It's not really that great. But the theme song is a catchy little ditty and Peanut has liked it for a while. The show is on several times per evening in syndication and each time it's on her beloved Daddy makes sure she sees the opening credits. She does a little dance, claps her hands and says "Again!" and he dutifully rewinds and replays until he can't take it anymore.

About two weeks ago I had a critical lapse in Mommy Judgement and I found the song on youtube for her. So now every time she walks by the computer she screams "MEN!" at the top of her lungs. If she's very desperate and Mommy looks unwilling to comply she will scream "MEN! PEEESEEEEESE! Peeese, Mama! MEN!" and I will cave and play it for her.

But that is not the worst of it. We live in a town with a huge senior citizen community and I am telling you they all bank at my bank. When we went to the bank the other day, Peanut decided that was as good an audience as any to debut her song and dance to the public. Mind you, Peanut is not quite two and has no volume control. It went something like this:

"Men, Men, Men. Oooh-oh-oh-oh. Men, Men Men. Oooh-oh. MEN!!!!!!!" With a lot of booty shaking and a big smile on her face.

I saw a few smiles here and there. A few of the older folks looked appalled. Were they shocked by her volume or her words? I don't know. But I do know that I had hoped to make it to at least her 16th birthday before I heard her screaming for men, and I didn't even make it to two.

We have watched it 17 time already today and it is only just past 10 in the morning. Each viewing plays the song twice. So I have heard the song 34 times today. And I have to stop blogging now because it is time to watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment