Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mom

I am 35 years old. I'm married. I have 4 kids. I have a mortgage. I have obligations and responsibilities that rival any other grown woman.

But I still need my mommy.

My mom is the best. She takes my kids to school for me. She babysits all the time. She picks up milk at the store for me and doesn't make me pay her back every time. She listens to me whine, but rarely tells me to stop complaining. She commiserates with me when I am bummed and celebrates with me when I am happy. She gladly jumps in the car to accompany me on whatever bargain I decide to run after. She reads my blog. She is the best Grammy I could ever want for my kids. She even rides to the rescue when I get sick.

I am 35 years old. I'm married. I have 4 kids. I have a mortgage and other grown up obligations.

And I have the best mom in the world.

Thanks Mom. Happy Mother's Day.

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet! I miss living by my mom just reading that. I know she would be down for all those things too. I'm 30 and I need my mom too! Maija

    ReplyDelete