Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Uniform

I am a habitual children's clothing shopper. I look at, and sometimes buy, clothes for my kids all the time. Even on the rare occasion that I am kidless at the mall I find myself in Gymboree, BabyGap, Naartjie, The Children's Place and the kid section of any and all department stores. My latest online love is Tea kids clothing, but like Mini Boden and Hanna Andersson, it HAS to be on sale to even consider it.

But me? I have a uniform. I would say more days than not you will find me in jeans and a black t-shirt. In the summer it might be a black t-shirt and capri pants. On a super crazy day I might wear *gasp* a brown t-shirt. To be fair, the t-shirt does vary. I have a few with round necks, a few with v-necks, one with cap sleeves, even one with some cute silver buttons on it. But they are all t-shirts.

In my defense, it's not that I don't want to dress outside of my uniform. The uniform is a result of necessity. I cannot wear light colored clothing. It's dirty before I even get downstairs for the day. I have four kids. 4 runny noses, 4 dirty faces, 8 grimy hands and about a million potential spills. If I wore white or light blue or light pink or lavender I'd look like a stain magnet in about 3 minutes.

And yes I could pick other kinds of shirts, even if I did choose black. But I need something easy, something that washes up well, something comfy and practical.

In all fairness I was a jeans girl before kids, so that's unlikely to change much.

But I'd give just about anything to be on "What Not to Wear." I'd leave my uniform behind for that in a hot minute.

Do you think they'd give me some money for kids' clothes?

No comments:

Post a Comment