Thursday, July 2, 2009

Whir and peace

There is one household item that I cannot live without. OK, make that two. My crockpot is one. The other one that brings me great domestic happiness is my Roomba.

I had the terrible misfortune recently of Roomby's battery giving out, forcing me to live without him for a while. The floors were littered with crumbs, the carpet missing the stripes of a freshly vacuumed rug. It was a danger zone for BabyGirl with small things galore, just the size of choking hazards, everywhere she went. I could have dragged out the regular vacuum I suppose, but I think I was too depressed about Roomby to do it the old fashioned way. Or maybe that was laziness. Whatever.

BUT the new battery has arrived and my inner peace has returned. All is right with the world now that I can hear Roomby whirring away doing my bidding. Roomby doesn't sass. He doesn't complain. He doesn't say "But I didn't make the mess!" I simply push the button and Roomby turns around in a few circles like a puppy chasing it's tail, and gets to work. Domestic peace has been restored, my floors are pretty and BabyGirl can crawl without playing Russian Roulette with small objects and her trachea. Aaaahhhhhhhh.

Now if I could just find a laundry folding machine......

No comments:

Post a Comment