Thursday, September 17, 2009

Proud

In StinkyMan's class is a little boy, whom I believe has special needs. I can't say for sure, of course, because the teachers aren't going to share that info and it isn't obvious at first glance. But apparently, the other day, the class had a little chat about differences amongst them. They talked about how everyone is a little different, but we should always be kind and friendly. Then the teacher asked if there was anyone on the rug who would be willing to go and "sit next to my friend who hums."

It was my little guy that jumped right up and said "I will!" and promptly sat down next to the child. And when he came out from class he said "MOMMY! Guess who was Monkey of the Day? It was 'Kiddo' and I am his friend because I sitted next to him!" He was genuinely happy for "Kiddo's" Monkey status and that he had a new friend.

I'm so proud of my StinkyMan and his big heart. The teacher (I think) looked a little teary when she told me and I certainly got teary. He's such a loving kid. It's one of the things that makes me know we're doing a good job.

Way to go, my Sweet Boy. Way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment