Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Another love

As I mentioned earlier Peanut's first love is being nakey. It is closely matched by a love of trucks. We can barely pull out of the garage before hearing "I see trucks?" followed by an entire driving trip of "Trucks!" "BIG Trucks" I see trucks!" "More trucks!" etc, etc, etc. I mean she can keep it up for a really long time, which means I am halfway dreading the upcoming weekends' hours long drives. And every Wednesday we run out to see the garbage truck. The garbage man waves at us and she screams "GARBAGE TRUCK!" as he arrives and "BYE, BYE GARBAGE TRUCK!" as he leaves. It is the highlight of her day.

Until today, when she discovered a new truck love.

This morning she was the first kiddo up, so we came downstairs and she asked to watch her favorite TV program. Rarely does she get to choose what to watch, as her position on the totem pole is fairly low, so I was happy to let her choose. I flipped on the TV and it was as if she had struck gold.

"TRUCKS!"

That's right. My toddler has discovered the channel 3 news traffic cam.

She was enthralled. It was the best thing she had ever seen. With every truck that came by I heard " 'nother truck!" or "Truck!" or "BIG Truck". As far as she was concerned it was the greatest show ever. There simply cannot be anything better than truck watching from your favorite comfy chair with your froggy cup full of milk.

Much to her disappointment, the traffic cam only lasts about 40 seconds. "Trucks?" she asked in her most pathetic voice. So I hit rewind and we watched it again. And again. And again. And she was happy every single time the same trucks passed our screen. She whooped and hollered and enjoyed that traffic cam more than any traffic cam has ever been enjoyed.

And then the garbage truck came. Woo-hoo!

I'm not sure, but I think she might be having the best day ever.

1 comment:

  1. Her and JJ are meant to be! She needs to come over and ride the gator! Oh and maybe she'll sit on Paul's lap and they can drive the forklift!

    ReplyDelete