Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Talent

"Mommy, what's your special talent?"

"My special talent?"

"What are you really good at?"

I had to think for a minute. Curly posed a good question. What is my special talent?

"I tell pretty good stories, I think." I finally answered.

"You do tell good stories, Mama. Do you know what my special talents are?"

"You are a good artist." I said.

"Yes. But I am also a good dancer."

"Yes, you are."

"And a good singer. And a good cartwheeler. I'm a good spinner too." She says as she proceeds to spin around in circles.

"I can see."

"And I am a good stand-on-one-legger" She begins to demonstrate this particular talent, but it's a tough one to do after all that spinning.

"Be careful. I don't want you to be a good ambulance rider."

"What?"

"I don't want you to fall and hurt yourself."

"No. I don't want to crack my head open. I don't want to be a good blood leaker. That's not a good talent."

"No it's not. I'd rather you keep your blood in your body."

"OK, Mama." And the spinning begins again.

No comments:

Post a Comment