Monday, August 31, 2009

Good Mommy Cake/Good Daddy Handywork

Sunday was BabyGirl's birthday bash. I figure she's my last first birthday party, so why not blow it out, right? The pool was open, the BBQ was on, the company was awesome and the cake? Well, see what I did? (with thanks to BFF for the help)



I also have to give props to my super handy husband for building a fantastic overhang. I was told by another friend that the correct term is "pergola." Whatever you call it, he did amazing work. It helped keep our guests nice and cool:





He finished it literally minutes before the guests arrived. Everyone was appropriately impressed, as was I. He's dreamed of this thing since before we moved in. I can only imagine what he'll dream up next. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be equally awesome.

We partied from noon until about 7:30 when just about everyone was ready to drop. It was fun, but I'm always glad when these things are behind me. We are birthday partied out until January. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment