Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Late night visitor

I have mentioned before that it is usually Curly who is up in the middle of the night. She is now and has always been a terrible sleeper. The other night she was wide awake for 3 straight hours, just unable to sleep. Which meant I was awake too. I don't think a 6 year old she be left alone in her non sleeping misery.

But last night, around 1AM I felt someone climbing into my bed. This is not Curly's usual MO. I opened one eyeball to discover it was StinkyMan, who immediately settled himself into me by backing up until we were in a spoon type situation. Never saying a word, he just cozied in.

And tossed.

And turned.

And wiggled.

After about 20 minutes I said "Do you want to go back to your bed?"

"Will you snuggle wif me?"

"Of course."

So off to his bed we went. Again with the spoon, again with the tossing and turning and wiggling.

He doesn't usually like to share his bed so after a while I asked "Do you want me to stay or do you want me to go to my own bed?"

"You can go to your own bed."

I kissed him and went back to my room, certain I'd seen the last of my usually awesome sleeper.

20 minutes later he was back in my bed. This time I think he meant business because he brought his pillow.

More spooning.

Then feet on my head.

Then head in my back.

Then a giant sneeze that woke up Husband.

Finally, laying across the top of both our pillows, essentially sleeping on both our heads, my StinkyMan fell sound asleep.

I don't know what that was all about, but I'm glad my baby boy feels like he can come in an snuggle when he needs to. As a mama, I must be doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment