Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The things they think about

From Curly:

Mommy, can I ask you something?

Me: You can ask me anything.

Curly: Just because I am beautiful on the outside, does that mean I am ugly on the inside?

Me: No, Baby. A person can be beautiful on the inside and the outside.

Curly: Oh.

Me: Do you know what it means to be beautiful on the inside?

Curly: uh-uh.

Me: It means you are a good person. You are kind and sweet and loving and caring and thoughtful and nice to others. And you are. So you are beautiful on the inside.

Curly: And the outside. I'm beautiful on the outside too, right?

Me: Yes you are. You are beautiful in all ways.

Curly: Well I was pretty sure I was beautiful on the outside, but I didn't know about the inside part.

Me: Well now you know, right?

Curly: Yeah. I am beautiful inside and outside.

Me: That's right!

I hope she always thinks so.

1 comment:

  1. That's so sweet. When the kid is right, she's right!

    ReplyDelete