Thursday, August 20, 2009

Listen

If you were in my house right now I would tell you to be quiet and listen.

And you wouldn't hear a thing.

The big kids are at school. The little girls are asleep. The dryer just stopped and the breadmaker hasn't warmed up enough to kick on the mix cycle quite yet.

It's so quiet.

It's awesome.

The first day of school went well. Curly went happily to her desk and was excited to start her day as a big first grader. StinkyMan isn't super sure about this 4 days of Pre-K thing. He's not convinced that's not too many days. He'll adjust. He loves school...he just forget how much he loves it until he is there.

Peanut was equally unconvinced about her nap. I convinced her. I'm tricky like that.

BabyGirl should be up soon. She's loud in that cute way that babies are loud, so I don't mind.

You know what else I won't mind?

The noise. The noise that comes when everyone is awake and everyone is home and everyone is talking and laughing and screeching and hollering and playing.

I've been saying for a while that I was ready for school to begin again. And I was. I love it.

But I like after school a whole lot too. It's pretty great having all those cute little people here with me, under my feet, around my legs, at my table, and wherever I look.

I love my kids. They are the best kids ever. You can disagree if you want, but I'm quite sure I'm right.

But right now, I'm enjoying my peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment