Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Kissy Kissy

Peanut is a super lovey little girl. She lives to give hugs and kisses. And she's so dang cute that she is on the receiving end of many random acts of kissing.

Last night I was tucking her in and she gave me a sweet kiss on top of my head.

"Thank you, Peanut. You give the best kisses."

A few minutes later I catch her pursing her lips like she is giving a kiss and pushing them up and down, left and right with her fingers. She looks perplexed.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"I can't kiss my own face. I can't reach it!"

"No, it's hard to reach your own face."

"But I want to kiss myself with a best kiss."

"I don't think you can manage that." I tell her. "Can I kiss you instead?"

She sighs dramatically. "OK. A best one."

I smooch her. "How was that?"

"Was that a best one?"

"Yes. Was it good?"

"Yes!" and that came with a big hug and another kiss.

"Thank you, my Peanut."

"You're welcome, Mommy."

No comments:

Post a Comment