Friday, May 28, 2010

Nigh' Nigh'

Curly was (and sometimes still is) a terrible sleeper. She was a bad napper as a baby and woke up several times a night for a ridiculously long time. A lot of that was my fault...being our first and only she was spoiled. One peep and I went running in. In order to get her to nap, I'd drive her around until she passed out and then I'd park in the garage and let her sleep.

I got smarter with StinkyMan. I also got luckier. He loved to sleep. Still does. Even before he could talk he would walk to the baby gate that blocked the stairs and point at his room. I'd take him up, kiss him, put him in his crib and he'd be down for the night.

Peanut is just the same. She begs to go to sleep if she is tired. She claps her hand with joy when I say "You ready for a nap?" and she happily climbs into her bed at night.

So Peanut and StinkyMan are clearly freaks of nature. How lucky would I get with BabyGirl?

Well, let's just say that her new phrase is "Nigh Nigh" for good night and this morning, at 10:30 she came into the family room to find me, said "Nigh Nigh" and held her arms up for me to lift her. She slept for 2.5 hours. Then tonight she said "Nigh Nigh" and when I didn't respond right away, she threw herself on the floor and howled. When Husband picked her up, she smiled, waved at me and said "Nigh Nigh!" and Husband reports that she practically dove into her bed.

I think I got lucky 3 times over. Now if only I could go back in my time machine and get a do over for Curly.

No comments:

Post a Comment