Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pajamas, Pancakes and Pampering, Oh My!

Saturday was Curly's birthday party. In a stroke of utter genius I convinced her that a pajama party without the actual sleepover part would be great fun.

And so a total of 10 little girls arrived at our doorstep at 9:30 in the morning, all clad in pj's ranging from footies to nightgowns. They decorated pancakes with goodies like strawberries, blueberries, chocolate chips, whipped cream and syrup. Then off they went to various "pampering" stations. A friend of mine came to do "fancy hair" (thanks M!) while two of Curly's favorite aunties came to do face painting and nail polishing. When they were finished with their pampering they could go to the table and color some pictures I'd printed out.

I have to say that they were supremely well behaved. They all had lovely manners, were all quiet and respectful and patient and sweet. The party was mellow and at no point did it seem like I had 11 girls seven and under in my house.

After pampering and coloring we did presents and were just doing cake when the first parents returned to retrieve their beautified little girls at 11:30.

I think they all had fun. I know that Curly did. And I can retain my title of little girl birthday party thrower extraordinaire for at least one more year.

1 comment: