Saturday, April 11, 2009

Imagination

You know how people often say that kids are just as happy playing with the boxes stuff comes in as they are with the actual stuff? That kids don't need so much stuff and are better off using their imaginations?

Well I think there might be some truth to that. StinkyMan has all the toys, cars and trains in the world and a matching table and this is what he spend HOURS playing with:





He explained to me that the cans were some kind of machine and the pillow was a boat. I'm not sure what the function of the toy boat on top was supposed to be, but I've never seen a kid play the way he did with 10 cans of Diet Coke and a pillow. It's truly amazing how happy a child can be with a few simple things and a big imagination.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, I agree. I have no clue why parents spend SO much on stuff for their kids!! And get them SO much!!! Boggles my mind. DD played with my keys and an old bottle of vitamins (she loves to shake it) for almost an hour tonight. Love it.
    Corrie

    ReplyDelete