Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Things I know for sure

There are a lot of things in life I am unsure of. Poor Curly, as the oldest, is often the guinea pig of of uncharted Mommy waters. I am never 100% certain of my decorating choices. I doubt my cooking skills all the time. There are days I'm unsure about what to blog or if I should blog a particular subject. Although we've used it plenty, I'm not fully sure about how our health insurance works. I'm not sure about how to drive a stick shift, although I have a general idea and I'm not at all sure that all my bargain shopping has actually SAVED me money over all.

But there are lots of things I know for sure and sometimes, when I am overwhelmed, I like to think about them. Here are some, in no particular order:

I know I have wonderful, smart, funny, gorgeous kids.

I know they got those attributes from their dad.

I know marrying their dad was the smartest thing I ever did.

I know I have a wonderful best friend.

I know I'm a pretty good friend too.

I know I'm pretty good at baking.

I know I'm above average smart.

I know my parents are always there to help if I need it.

I know that, no matter what some people might think about sororities, joining one was crucial to my college survival and made me who I am now...and I know I'm a better person for the experience.

I know I wish I were thinner and that I'm the only one who can do anything about that. And I know I'm ready to do it.

I know I have a good life.

I know that I'm thankful for those of you who read my blog. It's nice to know people care about my life and the people in it.

I know that I am blessed and lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment