Friday, April 24, 2009

Little Orphan Peanut

Let me preface this by saying 2 things:

1) My clothing organization for Peanut is a mess. She doesn't have a real dresser, only a changing table with some space underneath that is not really conducive to clothes storage. It is hard to find her clothes if you don't know my current method of organization.

2) Husband is really, really good with the kids. Really good. This is in no way a bash. Just a funny story.

So today I had to go to Curly's class to teach art. I was gone an hour and a half. To Husband's credit, both StinkyMan and Peanut were dressed when I came back. They had been in their pajamas when I left. And I was far too busy looking at the bump next to Peanut's eye from yet another coffee table meets face incident to notice specifically what she was wearing.

It wasn't until much later that I realized I had no clue what the heck she was wearing. I had her come over so I could take a closer look.

Somehow, some way, Husband had found the donation pile...clothes for Freecycle or Goodwill or something. Peanut was wearing little baby boy overalls, size 6 to 12 months as shortalls and a faded old t shirt underneath that she wore last spring.

The sad thing? They fit her! She looked really cute in those overalls, er, shortalls and old shirt. I cannot get over how tiny she is. She did look vaguely like an orphan, in her boy clothes, messy hair, black eye and dirty face, but those overalls will make it back into rotation as little shortalls for the warm weather. The shirt and the black eye, however, need to go.

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly the kind of thing that would happen in my house. To prove that point, I kid you not when I say that as I was typing that first sentence, my three-year-old came to show me a sweater that she had dragged out of the goodwill bag. I said, "Go put it back, please," and she said, "No, I can't because I love it soooooo much. It's beautiful. Soooooo beautiful. Can I keep it?" Sure. Why not? She's wearing it now, it's two sizes too big and completely the wrong season. And her father wasn't even involved. ;-)

    ReplyDelete