Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I don't like this

I have a friend who has a husband who has a colleague I don't trust. A woman, of course. She's....ugh. I don't even know how to explain it.

OK, how about this....she's in the movies. And on television. At least, her type is. You've probably met her in high school or college. That girl. The one who finds a way to insert herself into your significant other's life. He is convinced she just needs his help with a few things, you are convinced she likes him and would jump at the chance to jump his bones.

My friend doesn't trust her either....who needs a married man to drive her somewhere? To pet sit? To chat on the phone at home on personal time every night for 3 weeks about "work issues"? And of course she has "no one else to call". I'd feel weird about asking any of that of a male friend and I'm married. Of course, she is not.

Friend, though not generally the jealous type, wants this chick gone. With their line of work, however, that is not a possibility. I support Friend of course. I love her and want this chick out of her hair ASAP. And I totally trust her husband....he's honorable and good and probably, rightfully, a little afraid of his wife. But this girl is not going anywhere. And I hate that for my friend. I see the potential for this to go wrong in many, many ways without even bringing actual cheating into the picture.



I know this is vague. I'm trying to protect the innocent. But I'm angry, she's angry and her husband likely thinks she's overreacting and by extension, so am I. Are we? I don't know. I don't think so. I think it's a game for this chick and it's my friend's marriage she is playing with. I'd love to hear what others might think with what little detail I have given. Are we right? Is her husband right? What's going on here?

No comments:

Post a Comment