Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yahoo!

Both Curly and StinkyMan love to play on the computer. It is one of their favorite past times. Although the experts suggest it is more or less equivalent to the evil TV (which they also love and I completely allow. I'm no mommy martyr) I usually let them play it for a while every day because what they play is generally educational. We have games on discs that help with reading, numbers, and all things schooly.

But the treat of all computer treats is when they get to go online and do something frivolous. For Curly that would be Barbie.com. So yesterday, after she had done her homework and played outside and cleaned up a mess she'd made she asked if she could play computer Barbie.

"OK. Go turn on the computer" said I and she scampered off.

I came in a few minutes later and she was patiently waiting with my Yahoo homepage up on the screen and I could see the little wheels in her head spinning.

"You ready?" I asked.

"Uh-huh. Mommy, I think I know why they call this Yahoo."

"Oh yeah?"

"Because when you get to play on the computer you feel all excited and you say 'YAHOO!!!!' Do you think that might be why?"

"I think that is exactly why."

I love the thought processes of childhood. And I can think of no better reason for Yahoo to be named that. Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment