Saturday, March 28, 2009

My boy is turning 4

4 years ago I was in labor. I was induced at 38 weeks, but had been utterly miserable for much, much longer.

It started at 31 weeks with some spotting and contractions. Bed rest was ordered, along with twice weekly stress tests and weekly doctors appointments. In the middle of all that Husband had received a job transfer and we were selling our house and buying a new one nearly 2 hours away.

But I had finally made it to "Baby Day" as I recall saying to Best Friend when I called to tell her the doctor had given the green light to an induction. We knew we were having a boy. We did not know yet what his name would be...we were at a stalemate there. But we were excited to add to our family.

Labor was uneventful but difficult. I took the epidural as I had with Curly, but was also on magnesium for high blood pressure and that stuff made me see triple and vomit. Not fun.

At 12:44 in the morning he was born. He was perfect, ten amazing fingers and 10 tiny, perfect toes. I won the name game, as I think most women do after they deliver their husbands' offspring.

He is an incredible kid. If there is one thing I have learned in 4 years it's that he will never cease to amaze me. He is so smart...often sitting next to Curly and completing her homework assignments with her. He is stubborn; the only one so far who will not give in to the rules simply because we say so. He has the biggest heart. He loves his sisters wholly and can be devastated when the sisters he loves do something to him that is less than lovable. He is brave. He is sweet. He has the greatest giggle ever. He gives good hugs and is the most likely to commit random acts of snuggling. And of course he is the most handsome boy in town.

Happy Birthday StinkyMan. I love you more than you can know. Thanks for being such a great kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment