Friday, March 13, 2009

Out of the mouth of one particular babe

Peanut is at that wonderful age where she learns new words everyday, but has poor enunciation, little volume control and no notion of social graces. Going out is always an adventure because you never know what she is going to say. Screaming "TOOT!" when she passes gas is not an unusual occurrence.

Our latest parenting blunder was to teach her that not all eating utensils are spoons. Normally, I'm all for gentle correction. For example, when she call my tea "water" I say "That's my tea. Yum!"

So that is what we did with "spoon". She'd need a fork and ask for a spoon. We'd say "Here's your fork." She'd drop her fork and say "Uh-oh spoon!" and we'd say "Uh-oh fork!"

So why is that a parenting blunder? Take the "or" out of "fork" and put in a "uc". Then add in Peanut's propensity for shouting everything she says and you will understand why we won't be going to a restaurant anytime soon.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry bit I am laughing.

    Been there done that. :)

    Thank goodness they're cute huh...

    ReplyDelete