Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Math Circus

Yesterday StinkyMan wanted to watch Math Circus, but the DVD wouldn't work. I will admit we are HORRIBLE at keeping our DVDs in their proper cases. They are always getting dinged up and scratched and dirty.

Anyhow, he tried washing it and putting it back in the DVD player. That didn't work. So he tried again. And again. And again. All very, very patiently, certain each time that this would be the time. The poor baby even switched to the bathroom sink, certain that the location would make a difference in his success.

Finally I said "You know, StinkyMan, I think it's not going to work. I think it's really broken. We're probably going to have to go buy a new one."

"Can we go now?"

"Well, no, not today...maybe tomorrow."

And this is where the wheels came off the wagon, Folks. Holy moly was he mad.

"I WANNA GO BUY MATH CIRCUS RIGHT NOW! RIGHT NOW! RIGHT NOW!"

"Um, no. We can't. And even if we could we would not since you are throwing a fit."

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Yeah, that's not going to get you what you want."

StinkyMan stomps off to the closet.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm gettin' my cwocs. (crocs) I'm going to the store RIGHT NOW. RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW! I'm goin' to buy Math CIRCUS!!!!!!" He looked very determined.

"Oh. I see. That's too bad because I was going to play store with you."

*sniff* "Do you sell Math Circus at your store?"

"Well, no. But tomorrow I will."

"OK" and the cwocs went back in the closet.

And at 5:45 this morning he wanted to go to the store to buy Math Circus. Who says elephants never forget? That expression should read "Three year olds never forget."

Know why I had the time to blog this? That's right. He's watching Math Circus. And a happier kid you never did see.

2 comments:

  1. This post sounded exactly like something that would happen at our house. And it makes me feel a little better that I'm not alone in abusing our DVDs. :) I love your blog too! And thanks for telling me about Elf on a Shelf, which I'd never heard of... but googled and now, of course, I need an elf!

    ReplyDelete